Do you have any advice about how to maintain a beautiful landscape and still conserve water?Even the State of California, on its Department of Water Resources website, admits that "landscapes are essential to the quality of life in California." But, there are both environmental and financial reasons to opt for landscape designs and plants that do not require large amounts of water.
Some of our clients have chosen to extend their patio to replace a portion of the sodded areas of their yard. That can be expected to reduce your water consumption. We also often use drought-resistant native plants and grasses as part of your landscape.
These and other ideas can be incorporated into a plan for the renovation of your landscape. It is possible to have a lush landscape without using a lot of water. Call us for a consultation. We can make recommendations based upon the type of soil, the style you prefer, and your individual goals for water usage.
What is the difference between a Landscape Designer, a Landscape Architect, and a Landscape Contractor?Turf-N-Tree has on staff a certified Landscape Designer and is licensed by the State of California for design/build landscape construction. This means that we can handle most landscape design, construction and installation projects.
Landscape designers provide ideas and conceptual plans. They understand horticulture and have a strong artistic capacity that allows them to create an esthetically-pleasing design.
Landscape architects have expertise in the engineering involved in construction of large or complex landscape elements. Landscape architects also are licensed by the State of California.
Landscape contractors implement the plans of landscape designers and landscape architects, as well as their own plans if they offer design/build services like Turf-N-Tree. It is important to find a landscape contractor who has a horticultural background in order to get the best results.
If you are unsure whether your project requires the skills of a Landscape Architect, give us a call. We can help you evaluate whether the scope of your landscaping project requires someone with an engineering background.
What should I look for when hiring a landscape company?There are a number of considerations. For example:
- Are they state licensed? (Turf-N-Tree is!)
- Are they bonded and insured? (Turf-N-Tree is!)
- Is this a tenured business with a proven track record? (Turf-N-Tree has been in business for more than 25 years and nearly 80% of our business comes from repeat customers and their referrals.)
- Do they have certifications from appropriate organizations like the Association of Professional Landscape Designers and the International Society of Arboriculture. (Turf-N- Tree does!)
- Can they provide references from past clients? (Turf-N-Tree can!)
- Do you like their work? (To see examples of Turf-N-Tree’s work, visit our Gallery)